Guest Post by Marie from Make and Takes:
Keeping your children's puzzles organized can be a frustrating task. When half the puzzle pieces are missing, no one wants to play with them. Who here has a drawer filled with the missing pieces just waiting to find their homes?
Here's a couple things I do to keep my puzzles organized.
- Buy 1 or 2 gallon plastic zip bags. Place one board puzzle inside and zip the top. If you buy the 1 gallons, they may not zip closed, so just keep them stored upright. Then they'll always have the right pieces together in the same bag.
- Sometimes I'll write the same number or letter on the back of each puzzle piece. I wrote a D for the Dalmatian puzzle. It's easier to match if they get lost, knowing which piece goes to which puzzle.
Here's what others are doing to keep puzzles organized.
- Organizing Bags - by The Lazy Organizer
- Puzzle Rack - by Melissa and Doug
- Mesh Toy Bags - by Kids Klutter Katcher